A Quest for Sanity
    Web link Michael Kleen
    "Anarchism won’t happen in our lifetimes despite what any organization tells us that[sic] but that doesn’t mean it’ll never happen or that such a goal isn’t worthy of pursing." ~ Nick Ford If we define anarchism as the "no ruler doctrine", and we define ruler as "one that governs; one that makes or executes laws", I don't want anarchism for "everyone"; I don't want it for those who want a ruler; I do not want it for those who cannot, or will not, govern their own behavior according to the law of nature, so why can't it happen, in their lifetime, for those who do want it and who can, and will, govern their own behavior according to the natural law of man? As an individual secessionist, I say that it has already happened for me. I do not consent to be ruled by any man, or "man-made" laws, I am therefore without ruler. But this should not be construed to mean that I am without rules. I am not lawless. My law is the law of nature, the natural law of man. "The shallow consider liberty a release from all law, from every constraint. The wise see in it, on the contrary, the potent Law of Laws." ~ Walt Whitman This does not mean that you, or your master(s), will not use, or threaten to use, force to trespass upon my natural rights, it means that I will do all that is within my power to rationally resist such force. All things lawful are mine, but all things are not expedient: all things lawful are mine, but I will not [voluntarily consent[1] to] be brought under the power of any [man]. _________________________________________________________________________________ [1] Actus me invito factus, non est meus actus. An act done by me against my will, is not my act.
    Samarami 3 years 2 weeks ago
    A Quest for Sanity
    Web link Michael Kleen
    ...the root problem is in and of the mind and only this understanding will effect resolution. Alas, knowledge about the mind has been excluded as well by the false, mind-dominant, “sacred ideas” ie, mental inventions thought to be real. The failure to make a distinction between what is inside the mind and what is outside is often referred to as insanity. This is the past and current saturate condition. Unpopular as this notion may be, this mental malady is what has established and sustained the past and present philosophical, epistemological, psychological, death-oriented, anti-individual environment. The evidence is abundant and clear: Beliefs direct actions. Actions cause effects. If the effects are not as consciously intended, it is indisputable that the actions (means) are not suited to the purpose. It is just as indisputable that the beliefs directing the selecting and application of means are false. Isn’t this proven a trillion times over? Is there anything complex and hard to understand about this? If so, what? If not, why the perpetual rejection of this proof if not a mental malady?... (from "Insanity as the Social Norm" -- see above post for link) Sam
    Samarami 3 years 2 weeks ago
    A Quest for Sanity
    Web link Michael Kleen
    Anarchy will not only happen in MY lifetime, IT IS HERE. NOW. http://faculty.msb.edu/hasnasj/GTWebSite/Obvious.pdf Anarchy is not something that will be imposed upon others -- that's statism. I've come to use the term "governmentalism" instead in most cases, since "statism" is becoming trite and overused on these forums. I strongly urge any who want to anarchy clearly to also read an essay by Delmar England, "Insanity As The Social Norm": http://www.anarchism.net/anarchism_insanityasthesocialnorm.htm It's long (24 p M/S "Word" single spaced), could use some cleaning up in grammer, punctuation, syntax, etc. England's message is that far too many calling themselves "anarchists" are actually governmentalists deep down. They simply cannot imagine "society" not having to be refashioned into their brand of "anarchy" (with ME as the "leader", of course). I am a sovereign state. I believe you can be sovereign also. But that's totally up to you. Not me. Sam
    Suverans2 3 years 2 weeks ago Page tzo
    Now, perhaps, just perhaps, mind you, it wasn't that Dan [INOUE] couldn't answer Jan's [HELFELD] question, but rather that he wouldn't, because had he done so he would have given away the whole scam. Dan's first answer was, "Because the government has been authorized by the people". Now, that is true -- as far as it goes. But let me finish Dan's answer for him, (because he may not even know it). To be more precise, Jan, the government has been authorized by you, Jan, not to take your neighbor's stuff, but to take your stuff, Jan, just as every other member of the body politic has, by not "withdrawing from membership in [the] group[1]", authorized the government to take his or her own stuff, which, of course, each of us has the natural right to do. Let me ask you a question, Jan. Do you use a membership number, i.e. a Taxpayer Identification Number, to procure certain member-only benefits and privileges? Oh, you say you don't take any "member-only benefits and privileges", Jan? If that be true, then why on Earth would you voluntarily want to identify yourself as a TAXPAYER, Jan? Quit using that damned Taxpayer Identification Number! "Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord..." ________________________________________________________________________________ [1] Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Edition (c.1991), definition for "Secession".
    Suverans2 3 years 2 weeks ago Page tzo
    G'day tzo, That YouTube exposing "Sen. Inoue's inconsistent logic" is, in my opinion, the perfect example of someone whose mantra is, "Don't confuse me with the facts, I've already made up my mind". From his responses in this interview, it is apparent, to me, that this man doesn't even have a clue what the verb "delegate" even means!! Keeping in mind here that this man is the acting "President pro tempore of the United States Senate", the second-highest-ranking official of the United States Senate, is it any wonder that certain of us here have chosen to withdraw from membership in the body politic? Sheesh!!
  • morristhewise's picture
    morristhewise 3 years 2 weeks ago
    Wealth Disparity
    Web link Michael Dunn
    Bernanke is my hero, he believes in a God that will pay the bills. Most of the stimulus money will wind up in the bedrooms of hookers, they own 85% of the nations wealth. Lets make the ladies happy,life is too short to worry about the future.
    Suverans2 3 years 2 weeks ago Web link Melinda L. Secor
    G'day to you, Sam. Glad to see someone noticed, and appreciated, that correlation. ;)
    Samarami 3 years 2 weeks ago Web link Melinda L. Secor
    Well, Suverans2, since politicians are parasites with big smiles and waving arms, you might just have a point! Sam
    Samarami 3 years 2 weeks ago Page tzo
    Nice work, Tzo. Government, like pregnancy, cannot be stopped at smallness. It will make little difference if "secession" has advances here and there. The state is the state. Not really -- the state is an abstraction. State agents are parasites and thieves and robbers; and whether they start down the street, over in Capitol City, or out in the District of Collectivism...er, Columbia, they will multiply themselves, engorge themselves with stolen money, and oppress if and when they get the opportunity. For our own good, of course. Most totalitarians in history have referred to themselves as "The People". The shapeless masses somehow feel they are playing a part -- that they have the power. The People's Republic of America. Once you and I declare ourselves sovereign we create a whole new way of looking at agents of state. Like thieves and robbers who slink in dark alleyways, state (city, county, federal, etc) actors will abscond with my valuables if I give them any support or encouragement at all. So I learn skills to avoid them where I can, reduce their pilferage when the thievery is unavoidable (and much of the time it is unavoidable -- but the sovereign individual can nip it in the bud). I never "register, file, voluntarily comply" with anything. I stay "judgement proof" to all extent practicable. And I have no illusions The-Policeman-Is-My-Friend. No sir ree, Bob. Sam Sam
  • golefevre's picture
    golefevre 3 years 3 weeks ago Page tzo
    Help! Help! I'm being repressed! Tom Woods is certainly no slouch. I speak to so many who look at him with doe-eyed admiration. It must be the nice ties he wears. I become completely incredulous about the future when others can listen to him and buy what he's selling. I suppose it was a natural progression that we'd get this kind of self-promoting cottage industry from people like Woods given the rise in popularity of politicians like Ron Paul. I don't begrudge Woods a living, but please listen very carefully to what this man is selling.
  • B.R. Merrick's picture
    B.R. Merrick 3 years 3 weeks ago Page tzo
    The essential difference between a minarchist and me is a helping verb: The minarchist says we CAN'T have anarchy. I say we WON'T have anarchy, because too many "peoples" refuse to check their premises or their helping verbs. Another terrific article.
  • wkmac's picture
    wkmac 3 years 3 weeks ago Page Glen Allport
    Thanks for the clarification Glen. Point taken. As for the part on Love, Gary Chartier at the Agora I/O conference gave a talk on Personal Style in Anarchist Activism (see YouTube) and he also took a few moments to address the action of love in what we are doing. I think you both hit on a point that needs discussion and is very timely. Tip of the hat to you for the foresight and courage to do so!
    Glen Allport 3 years 3 weeks ago Page Glen Allport
    My wife flagged that point also, but I stuck with "enforced" because that's exactly what has to happen and because nothing about the enforcement of non-aggression requires either the State or aggression. As the Wikipedia quote points out, "In contrast to pacifism, the non-aggression principle does not preclude violent self-defense." In fact most of the "enforcement" would be via contracts, mediation, the need to maintain one's reputation (for bonding in many cases and simply so that others would remain willing to do business with you) and so on but any stateless society will have security and protection firms and other tools to protect people against aggression and to repair the damage, compensate the victims, and otherwise deal with the aftermath when aggression DOES occur. This IS "enforcement" although it will clearly rely less on violence and on often useless and always costly incarceration (and never on aggression, as defined in the column) than the State's version. On your second point, you're quite right that advocating liberty is an expression of love for others (among other things) -- and I have long believed that the artificial and unhealthy rift between freedom and love in the public mind is a deal-breaker for the public at large, and for good reason. People rightly want love and compassion to BE a part of their world-view (well, any reasonably healthy person does) and any philosophy that does not directly address this will fail. Liberty will never prevail until the freedom movement consistently understands and describes liberty as a concept that requires a (non-political, non-State mandated, non-State-provided) widespread sense of connection and compassion to be viable. A society of neurotics and sociopaths will never be free for long.
  • wkmac's picture
    wkmac 3 years 3 weeks ago Page Glen Allport
    "if the non-aggression principle were being enforced" "Enforced" may have been an accidental poor choice of words considering the full context of the article. Regardless, still a very good article and enjoyed how freedom and liberty were connected to the concept of love. I think we in the hardcore-libertarian/anarchist ways of thinking should do more to ponder what we are doing and advocating it as much an action of love towards our fellow man as it is about freedom. Looking forward to the rest of this series!
    Suverans2 3 years 3 weeks ago Web link Melinda L. Secor
    "...we may have parasites to thank for the existence of sex as we know it." If I am understanding this correctly, we have politicians to thank for the existence of sex as we know it???
    Samarami 3 years 3 weeks ago Web link Melinda L. Secor
    "Taxpayer" funded "scientists" display in real life the ancient adage: "If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance you must baffle 'em with bullshit." These blokes are no exception. Sam
    Samarami 3 years 3 weeks ago Web link Melinda L. Secor
    Mark Davis 3 years 3 weeks ago Page Mark Davis
    dchadsey, good point. It is true that the local governments are getting near as bad as the Feds in being anti-liberty, especially when interferring between two people who have entered into a private contract for services like you describe. Treating hard working citizens like criminals becasue they don't have the official paperwork and tax stamps called licenses is a travesty of justice. Although the pole dancing suggestion was tongue-in-cheek, it may fit for some depending on personal attributes and skills. Thank you Samarami. I'm afraid the 1% estimate is about right, but hopefully growing. When the checks stop flowing from DC, that number will grow quickly.
    Suverans2 3 years 3 weeks ago Web link Westernerd
    Freedom is the right to do whatever you want as long as it's lawful. Natural liberty, consists in the power of acting as one thinks fit, without any restraint or control, except from the laws of nature. It is a state of exemption from the control of others, and from positive laws and the institutions of social life. ~ Webster's 1828 American Dictionary of the English Language This liberty is abridged by submitting one's self to the dominion of a man-made government.
    Samarami 3 years 3 weeks ago Page Mark Davis
    “Fortune favors the prepared mind.” ~ Louis Pasteur Thanks, Mark, for this quote and for this superb essay -- a good outline of what we can surely expect. "...(A)n 'in' question instead of an 'about' question..." hits the nail squarely. It's so important to come to see .."if it's going to be, it's up to me".. Any attempt to try to change OTHERS will bring frustration and despair. What percentage of the adult population would you guess frequent sites such as STR? I mean, even if we eliminate what Suverans describes as the high percentage who care only about procuring the next six-pack and who read NO current events forums or news sites; of the remaining 30 or 40% or less I suspect less than 1% actively read STR, Rockwell, or other "libertarian" leaning sites. Whatever percentage it is has definitely improved in recent years thanks to the web and to the Harry Brown's and the Ron Paul's and the late "Tea Partiers" (now mostly DemoPublicans) and a few other high profile mini-statists -- but it is still miniscule. "...(T)he state is doomed to failure..." You and Thoreau are correct. Like you, I covertly cheer Dr Paul on mainly because I've met and like the man -- plus one son and daughter-in-law and grand-kids are movers & shakers in his "campaign". But, also like you, I see voting only as supporting the main enemy to mankind, the state; and I will not get involved in "registering" or voting. "...When enough of us are prepared, we will truly have a golden opportunity to have the best government of all: self-government..." Amen. Sam
    rita 3 years 3 weeks ago Web link Westernerd
    The editors of the Prescott (Arizona) Daily Courier once described freedom as "the right to do whatever you want as long as it's legal." That mentality is tragically common among Americans these days.
  • FMAnarchist's picture
    FMAnarchist 3 years 3 weeks ago Web link Mike Powers
    Am in agreement w/ all, evidently. Yes, continually re-stating the obvious then becomes the subconscious mantra for many. Myself included... so, should I recant? The piece was still "fluff". My reply was not specifically against Suverans2, but in defense of the low rating. It seems I was misunderstood, and this was taken personally. Absolutely *not* my intention. As far as this being my first response... I've been reading STR for *much* longer than I've been a member. Very nice of you to notice my "tenure".
  • dchadsey's picture
    dchadsey 3 years 3 weeks ago Page Mark Davis
    Last night I saw an episode of Police Women of Broward County on TV where they were doing a sting on "illegal contractors". Three armed police would bust in from an adjoining room once the "suspect" agreed to do minor remodeling without a permit. They were taking these guys down on the floor like armed robbers, then hauling them off to jail, handcuffed behind their backs. The Broward County government actually believes they are helping us. Financially it is all relative and the creative will survive. But now that such overwhelming powers have been assumed without a fight by local unconstitutional (no administrative branch) governments, we are all in jeopardy. Everyone pays attention to the national scene, but if you have tried to conduct any type of business lately without bowing down to the faceless bureaucracy of county government, you know the enemy is among us. Pole Dancing?
    Paul 3 years 3 weeks ago Page R. K. Blacksher
    R. K., you've hit the nail on the head.
    Paul 3 years 3 weeks ago Web link Michael Kleen
    She should move to Portland, Oregon. I know folks there who garden their front yard. That smug bastard in the business suit really needs a date with some hot tar and feathers.
    Paul 3 years 3 weeks ago Web link Mike Powers
    Yeah, although the article is a bit too minarchist for my taste, I think it is a good one. Mike is right, you can't state the obvious too much; particularly since it is done in an environment where statism is by far the dominant theme.
  • Mike Powers's picture
    Mike Powers 3 years 3 weeks ago Web link Mike Powers
    There are new seekers of liberty that may be reading Strike-the-Root for the first time. So, I don't think you can ever state the obvious enough. The concepts of individual liberty and personal freedom are not obvious to everyone.
    Suverans2 3 years 3 weeks ago Web link Mike Powers
    No need to apologize, FMAnarchist, you are certainly entitled to your own opinion. I do find it intriguing, however, that apparently my reply is the only thing you have found worthy of commenting on since joining STR over a year and half ago, particularly since a good many, if not a majority, of the articles here are "stating the obvious"; have been said "hundreds of times"; with "nothing new [brought] to the table"; and therefore, are, too, "nothing but...fluff" pieces.
  • FMAnarchist's picture
    FMAnarchist 3 years 3 weeks ago Web link Mike Powers
    Then I'll try to offset the 10 rating with my 4. Yes, what he says in the article is true, but nothing more than stating the obvious. Those of us that are aware enough to be liberty-minded (proven by even reading Strike the Root), this has all been said hundreds of times. The author brought nothing new to the table, and seemed more intent on the inner reflections than actions to be taken. While he's not wrong, this was nothing but a fluff piece. Sorry, that's my opinion.
    Suverans2 3 years 3 weeks ago Web link Mike Powers
    G'day golefevre, Am I to presume that you gave this a one-star-rating because you disagreed with that particular sentence? If so, isn't that a bit like throwing the baby out with the bathwater? As a result of the one-star-rating I was forced to give this article a ten-star-rating in effort to raise it to a more appropriate level, because much of, if not most of, what Tyler Durden had to say in this article made total sense, and is, therefore, well worth reading.
    Suverans2 3 years 3 weeks ago Web link Mike Powers
    Well, at least they "never exist" when they are perpetrated by those in power. Since 1909 a conspiracy between those in power is only a "conspiracy theory", something to be ridiculed, while a conspiracy against those in power remains a "conspiracy", something to be taken very seriously.
  • golefevre's picture
    golefevre 3 years 3 weeks ago Web link Mike Powers
    "If a government no longer fulfills its sworn duties to the people, and no longer serves the purposes to which it was originally intended, then it too must be cast off and replaced with one that does serve the people, or, it must be forced to return to its inherent foundations." No thanks. It is evident governments serve some people quite nicely and always at the expense of others. I'm not looking for a new pair of shackles.
    Suverans2 3 years 3 weeks ago Page Scarmig
    Comment deleted by author.
    rita 3 years 3 weeks ago Web link Michael Dunn
    (Oddly enough, they still call themselves "peace officers.")
    rita 3 years 3 weeks ago Web link Mike Powers
    Oh, dear, the US war on Islam is empowering the al-Queda. Who could have seen THAT coming? I mean, besides anyone with a triple-digit IQ?
  • Emmett Harris's picture
    Emmett Harris 3 years 3 weeks ago Web link Mike Powers
    Hmmm ... this reads like a conspiracy. But those never exist!
  • befreetech's picture
    befreetech 3 years 3 weeks ago Page Scarmig
    Well done. Thanks for the great article. I'd add: 1. It was preferable for us to have our child at home, thus avoiding any poisonous mercury laden, brain damaging, autism causing vaccinations and a myriad of other types of harm that can come to a child born in a hospital. We had a great midwife assist us with the baby's emergence. She has since left the united states for Jamaica because of the onerous "midwife license" requirements made it harder and harder for her to do it the way it should be done. 2. We set the date of our child's emergence to paper using our own "affidavit of embodiment" and recorded that in our county courthouse. In this way we avoided getting or having a conventional "birth certificate" which transfers the welfare of the child to the care of the state whereby you as parent are only the caretaker and the government / state decides what's best for your child's welfare, giving Child Protective Services - a division of Human Resources, the default authority to take your child from for any reason they may conjure, or no reason if they like. 3. We were able to get a passport for our child absent the Slave Surveillance Number and birth certificate by obtaining a "certificate of no found record". We got this by the normal application for a birth certificate from the state department and since it doesn't exist the "certificate of no found record" establishes proof that our child has no state issued birth certificate and therefore is not a ward of the state. In this way you can assert your right to travel for your "American National" (not citizen subject). Thanks again!
  • Marc's picture
    Marc 3 years 3 weeks ago Page Alex R. Knight III
    "I do not pity them. They gave us a mandate. And now they are reaping the grim harvest of that mandate" is a truly remarkable quote. I believe that H.L. Mencken one said something like democracy is the idea that the public knows what it wants and government will give it to them good and hard. I stopped voting a decade ago but may make a single exception if Ron Paul gets nominated. Call be naive or a glutton for punishment if you like but it would be the closest thing to a genuine political alternative in my lifetime.
  • Tony Pivetta's picture
    Tony Pivetta 3 years 3 weeks ago Page R. K. Blacksher
    It's not that anarchists don't have a blueprint. They have a blueprint, all right--but it's a blueprint tied to consent, not coercion. Morality matters. What's that? Appeals to morality get us nowhere? Reasonable people will disagree, you say? Well, on this much at least reasonable people do agree: the hallmark of morality is universality. The State *by definition* stands in violent opposition to universality. Coercion--the initiation of force--is wrong. Everybody knows it's wrong. A four year-old playing in a sandbox knows it's wrong. Even apologists for the State know it. But that doesn't stop them from carving out an exception for the State. Lew Rockwell sums up the double standard masterfully: "What is the state? It is the group within society that claims for itself the exclusive right to rule everyone under a special set of laws that permit it to do to others what everyone else is rightly prohibited from doing, namely aggressing against person and property." This is precisely what the anarchists are trying to put the kibosh to. True, putting the kibosh to State criminality in no way assures you're putting the kibosh to the freelance version. But the freelancers are having their way anyway. Why not stick it to the State gang first? Aren't they the most vicious criminals of them all? Take away their veneer of morality, and let the chips fall where they may.
  • tanhadron's picture
    tanhadron 3 years 3 weeks ago Page R. K. Blacksher
    Great piece! Love the comparison between Constitutionalists and communists. I experience the same frustration in arguing with my twin brother, who is of a libertarian / Constitutionalist bent. I've tried to convince him that the Constitution is just another statute, albeit a "super statute"; another rule, another regulation subject to interpretation, modification, violation, or indifference--except this super-statute, written by the Founding Gods--er, I mean, "Fathers"--induces an almost religious deference to its contents and only bolsters and perpetuates the mythic "rule of law." Sadly, it seems to me that although Constitutionalists and communists both argue for the superiority and workability of their "blueprint" or "system" were only the "right-minded" people administering it--couldn't it also be said that the proposed "blueprint" or "system" of anarchists--i.e., that of a "non-system"--likewise needs the right-minded "non-system" oriented people who will abide by it? In other words, an anarchistic society must be populated with non-system oriented people who will have the intellectual and moral fortitude to not resort to demagoguery in promulgating a system or blueprint for workability. The "right minded" administrators of the system, then, become those who shun blueprints. (Sigh). It's a never-ending battle! Anyway, great piece!
  • AnomicAjax's picture
    AnomicAjax 3 years 4 weeks ago Page R. K. Blacksher
    I certainly agrre with your post and think that the last paragraph speaks volumes. But how many of those, let me say, members of the Herd, could read those words and still say, "Well no, that certainly does not describe me." Thanks for a great article.
    tzo 3 years 4 weeks ago Page R. K. Blacksher
    An excellent analysis of the core of "popular" political systems and the need for a paradigm shift away from them as well as all the other varied forms of social organizational schemes that are based on governmental control. If human beings insist on continuing to play this game, they will only discover that the ones with power will continue to figure out better, more subtler ways to control those without power. This is not a predator/prey in the wild arms-race model, this is a farmer/livestock maximization-of-production model. I regret to inform you, dear citizen: You are not a gazelle, you are a cow. Or perhaps a turkey.
    Samarami 3 years 4 weeks ago Page R. K. Blacksher
    R. K. Blacksher, I intended to add: this is among the very best synopses of "why anarchy" I've read. Excellent work! I hope you work on more essays for STR. Sam
    Samarami 3 years 4 weeks ago Page R. K. Blacksher
    JD: "To further the argument, the right people do exist. By right people, I mean the kind of people that have the ideas on a new way that could truly further the cause of liberty. However, they would find it morally reprehensible to participate in a system where they would have the power of life and death, let alone create rules, over fellow human beings". My siren song: Those "right people" have declared themselves sovereign and recognize "a new way" is to lead by example, not deign to "rule". These folks have withdrawn (to the extent possible) from the existing religion (state worship). They have ceased voting, "voluntarily" submitting forms and "returns" to agents of state. They have come to recognize and teach the principle of self-ownership -- I am responsible for my own well-being and my own behavior. (http://www.isil.org/resources/introduction.swf) And, as my friend, Mark (above post) wrote on STR some years ago: (http://www.strike-the-root.com/52/davis_m/davis1.html) ..."if you want to be free you should start acting free..." Sam
  • Steve's picture
    Steve 3 years 4 weeks ago Page Bill Walker
    Yesterday during the Fourth of July parade in Amherst, NH, I distributed campaign literature for Gary Johnson. I was surprised at how many people asked me his position on immigration and "the border". The only country NH shares a border with is Canada. BTW, Gardner Goldsmith pointed out that the US Constitution makes *naturalization* a federal function, but not *immigration*.
    Mark Davis 3 years 4 weeks ago Page R. K. Blacksher
    Word! You know a system of governance is self-defeating when the "right people" to lead are the ones who refuse to do so while the "wrong people" excell at obtaining leadership positions.
    Suverans2 3 years 4 weeks ago Page Michael Kleen
    "Many bleat about wanting a smaller, Constitutional government, [or no government] but few of them will actually give up any government goodies to get there." ~ tzo [Bracketed information added to quote]
    Suverans2 3 years 4 weeks ago Page Michael Kleen
    "What might be concrete step number one?" ~ tzo "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." ~ Mohandas Gandhi
    Suverans2 3 years 4 weeks ago Page Michael Kleen
    G'day Sam, Congratulations, my friend, on your 23rd grandchild.
  • jd-in-georgia's picture
    jd-in-georgia 3 years 4 weeks ago Page R. K. Blacksher
    "The problem is that within the confines of any system of domination and exploitation, “the right people” simply do not exist." This basic statement is the glue that can make the argument for anarchy stick. I am not as intelligent as most of my fellow root strikers. It has taken me a while to take off the rose, white, and blue colored glasses provided by years of state education. To further the argument, the right people do exist. By right people, I mean the kind of people that have the ideas on a new way that could truly further the cause of liberty. However, they would find it morally reprehensible to participate in a system where they would have the power of life and death, let alone create rules, over fellow human beings. Do we not know right from wrong? Can't we all just get along? Sorry... pretty lame and cliche. Still, it does not make it wrong :-)