Samarami 16 weeks 6 days ago
    A Paradise Lost
    Page Anarchoblake
    Your article hints at my ongoing slogan, "if it's going to be, it's up to me". Whether I'm in Walden or just wandering out to the local corn or cotton patch, I've gotta be free. Nobody can make me free. That's up to me. Nobody can stop me from being free. Like you, I enjoy seclusion -- being away from the crowd. Just the thought of going to, for instance, a stadium full of cheering, jeering halfwits nauseates me. Many of those morons pay big bucks to attend "the-big-game", and you couldn't pay me to sit there -- particularly to have to endure the sickening halftime war promotions. I've got the choice if predators want to collect for visiting a historical site. I can decide to pay, or stay away. I tend to sidestep all "historical" sites. Keep striking at the root. Sam
    Glock27 17 weeks 2 days ago
    Yes or No?
    Sam. Liked the "Loner" article. Reminds me much of myself. I can count all my friends on one hand. I have a lot of associates, but very few friends. Former New York Mayor, something Dumberg is here in my state and has gotten some legislatures riled up that they have created legislation to start confiscating our firearms for no legitimate reason and we have no due process to lean upon. Two House bills and two senate bills to be considered. Since we are a state heavy into hunting I am hoping for a special season to be announced. Anyway, when a cop comes knocking at my door he's not selling light bulbs, or checking my special season permit.
    Mark Davis 17 weeks 2 days ago Page Batu Caliskan
    Excellent insights throughout and well written, Batu. In addtion to your fine conclusion, this thought was spot on "In other words, these academics advocate the forced integration of free individuals and cement patterns of coercively-conditioned associations in an attempt to actualize a personal vision of egalitarianism. These thinkers have long admitted to the implausibility of complete material equality between individuals, so the only equality left to consider is the equality between collectives." It is difficult to know how much of their own bullshit most academics truly believe, but they sure milk assigned collective divisions for all they're worth.
    Samarami 19 weeks 4 days ago
    Yes or No?
    This is a couple weeks old, but since nothing's going on here nowadays I'll reflect a thought or three. I abstain from multiple choice exams. That includes yay or nay questions. The writer(s) of the exam(s) will virtually always redirect "bad" thinking (in her opinion) to "more acceptable" thinking. Participants are thus not-so-surreptitiously propagandized throughout the entire gamut of multi-choice testing. This works nicely in the case for the state (which does not exist -- only psychopaths hiding behind that abstraction exist). One can grade a ton of multi-choice easily, which makes them popular. Plus, if one of your superstitions is "statistics" you can arrange large numbers of square pins in round holes without anyone challenging the linear representation. That's handy. All multiple-choice questions are loaded. They can be nothing but. As a repentant government ("public" ha ha) educator I certainly can see why all questions should be rigged from their point of view. Government "schooling" is in place for that purpose. One of the several definitions of government is "obfuscation" (another is "entrapment" -- another "murder"). "Written will of the legislature" and "Rules-written-by-the-government" are non sequiturs, since "legislature" and "government" are merely collectivist denotations. Only people have wills and can write rules. Reflecting on this has caused me to examine just how far out of mainstream I've percolated in my dotage. Not just in mainstream conventionality, but anarchist and libertarian orthodoxy as well. Paul states that this is a questionnaire for "...my public servants..." If he considers lunatics acting under the guise of senators or "representatives" at a place they're now calling "Missouri" as "his", then my comment is off base. I an commenting from the perspective that I have no "public servants" -- in that part of the world, or anyplace else. The inveterate anarchist inherits the nomenclature of loner. Sam
    Samarami 20 weeks 16 hours ago Page Alex R. Knight III
    "...It will likely take take many, many generations before enough men will finally believe in themselves and their fellow men such that faith-based institutional violence simply fades away...." The problem, for me anyway, is that I'm octogenarian. I don't have time to wait for "generations" to quell institutional violence. The clock is ticking. If freedom's to be, it's up to me -- not thee. So I've had to learn to be free now. Here. Today. Where I'm "at". I am a sovereign state. I think I first began using the term "state" to stir up and watch the knee-jerk reaction "libertarians" manifest when they hear the word "state". Later it dawned upon me that I'd better get myself into a "state" of sovereignty before I set out to engage in the monumental task of attempting to persuade the other 99.9% that they would do well to take the first step: abstain from beans. Thus, my "sovereign state" -- with borders across which you must not step without my permission (or I wish you wouldn't, since I'm getting too old and feeble to put up much of a fight). In fact, I couldn't (and haven't) even been successful in the task of cajoling my own former Ron Paul supporting kids or grand-kids to cease voting in political elections. I think this next year may show some improvement on that score -- I don't drill them about voting, so I probably won't even know unless they set up a braying for this or that "candidate" for grand wizard of the klan. I did ask one of my sons a couple days ago if he was still active in the local Republican Party (his participation of which gave rise to lots of "grandpa duty" on my part), and he said a vehement "no" -- and that Christa (his wife, my daughter-in-law) has given up her county chairmanship. Alex (from the article): "...But what if we never get there?..." I think you two fellows need to take credit for your own personal efforts -- and understand that you ARE "getting there". Mark, for instance, has been a cyber friend for several years. We've not met face to face, although I've trucked through and past his city many times. Easy to say when you're trucking, "I should stop and look up Mark". Much harder to arrange when you consider time, parking, etc etc. But Mark well knows the effect his old article, "Be Free" had on me shortly after I landed on STR -- and several others as well. I wouldn't try to estimate the number of times I've quoted in various "comments" on other forums the portion: When you go into the voting booth, the only meaningful significance that your action will have is to show that one more person supports the state. ~Mark Davis From Be Free, by Mark Davis July 10, 2005. http://www.strike-the-root.com/52/davis_m/davis1.html Same with you, Alex. All we can do is to do what we can. And take credit for the effort. Sam
    Mark Davis 20 weeks 1 day ago Page Alex R. Knight III
    Alex, I've been thinking along the same lines of late. It is hard to remain positive about even the most wonderful proposals when they remain hidden in plain sight due to seemingly willful ignorance. We continue to shine a light on sound principles for social organization, yet the majority of people pull  blankets over their own eyes trying to avoid the bright light. It is hard to get a critical mass, and I agree that 10% of the population is a good estimate, when people simply refuse to consider ideas that go against the status quo. The bias towards, and emotional attachment to, the status quo social organization results in many seeing it as "reality" or "the real world". Tradition is a double-edged sword that depends greatly on how ingrained a tradition is in a culture. I used to think that the American Tradition/Culture was based on logic and reason elavating the natural desire for personal liberty. But I have come to realize that it is based on lies justifying authoritarian social constructs perpetuated by elite guidance (e.g. worshiping the Founding Lawyers). In short, I no longer expect that the intellectual curiosity and reasoning abilities of the average man is sufficient to overcome a lifetime of conditioning (to respond favorably to their masters). We can open the gates and remove the chains from today's clueless slaves providing guiding enlightenment as to liberty, but they will be afraid of liberty and will not trust their innate abilities to assume responsibility for their own lives. Slavery is, alas, a warm blanket that soothes their fear of the world. Still, men of principle must support what's good and oppose what is evil in spite of whether others see/believe it or not. The libertarian ideal of non-agression, that men should not murder and/or steal, is worth keeping alive until future generations can, perhaps, overcome the superstitions that allow agents of social institutions like the state to get away with murder and theft. It will likely take take many, many generations before enough men will finally believe in themselves and their fellow men such that faith-based institutional violence simply fades away.
    Samarami 20 weeks 3 days ago Web link Melinda L. Secor
    Rappoport brings up interesting stuff. If everybody owns everyone, nobody will have to work for anybody. What a gay life (pun intended). In my dotage I've come to see my life as having been filled with various "fixations". Were I a politician, I would definitely fit what "you-the-people" think of as a flip-flopper. (I ceased years ago wishing to be included in a "we-the-people" collective mentality. Perhaps "you-the-people" is unfair -- I should start using "they-the-people" so as not to include you, presuming you might be of the same sentiment). I've been ultra-liberal, ultra-conservative, ultra-religious, ultra-agnostic -- you name it, I've practiced it. In spades. Since last time I ever participated or voted in a political election (1964 -- over a half century ago, for Barry Goldwater) I've steered a relatively steady course toward anarchy, with some tacks along the way. Of course I had to go through the wailing and gnashing of teeth stage and whining over "our-country-is-declining-into-a-police-state". Later I came to see that the moment I think in terms like "our-country", I've lost my bearings to the course toward liberty. All rulership collectives (dubbed "countries", "nations") harbor the seeds of totalitarianism. Lately "jurisdiction" has been my fascination. There are two ways jurisdiction can be in force: consent, and force of arms. Nobody has enough firepower to subdue and/or rule an entire population, so the science of rulership must weigh heavily upon consent. The early emperors -- our true "forefathers" -- understood this. Étienne de La Boétie also understood this. His treatise is as valid today as it was nearly 500 years ago. It's probably time for more of us to take charge of our own lives and well-being and of those we love. And above all, abstain from beans. Sam
  • mjackso6's picture
    mjackso6 21 weeks 12 hours ago Web link Emmett Harris
    "Although “the legislative environment is very hostile today,” the intelligence community’s top lawyer, Robert S. Litt, said to colleagues in an August e-mail, which was obtained by The Post, “it could turn in the event of a terrorist attack or criminal event where strong encryption can be shown to have hindered law enforcement.” There is value, he said, in “keeping our options open for such a situation.”" Gee, anyone care to bet on what the ~next~ false flag event is going to be about?
    Samarami 21 weeks 13 hours ago Web link Emmett Harris
    How many of "your fellow human (beings)" have any idea of what Albert J Knock knew 80 years ago -- the year I was born? http://archive.lewrockwell.com/orig3/nock1.html Sam
  • emartin's picture
    emartin 21 weeks 18 hours ago Web link Emmett Harris
    Why was he murdered by police? Because most of your fellow humans want it that way.
  • richyankee's picture
    richyankee 21 weeks 22 hours ago
    Yes or No?
    Paul, I do believe that this is an accurate strike, at the root so to speak. I question whether the integrity of the intended recipient of this treatment could withstand the treatment. In the context of living in that saturated environment of lies and deceit, can a person recover his senses? It's a pleasant and heartwarming dream, one I have had many times. Yet, there they are, like sick dogs. I'm not suggesting euthanasia. Cheers, Rich
    Jim Davies 21 weeks 22 hours ago Blog entry Alex R. Knight III
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this. Never mind; one way or the other, the FedGov did it.
    Alex R. Knight III 21 weeks 1 day ago Blog entry Alex R. Knight III
    Jim:  We've been over all of this before, of course.   That the definition of Silverstein's reference to "pull" might've been subjected to 11th hour revisionism after the PBS special doesn't remove the fact that video has long been public of the detonating flashes on Building 7.  No matter how they want to spin it, 7 was "pulled" with explosives.  If they now want to claim Silverstein wasn't responsible, fine...but they haven't done that, or anything even close.  And Silverstein himself refuses to talk about it any further.  No matter:  One look at the video footage of that building says it all.  Ditto, for that matter, the Twin Towers, but 7 is especially indisputable.   The classic fallback of 9/11 Skepticism seems to always be, "How could the government keep something that big secret for this long?"     Answer?  They have.  How?  I don't know.  I only know what all the rest of the evidence -- over 650 pieces of it -- tell us about the events of that day.  And Building 7 is one of the less ambiguous pieces of the overall puzzle.
    Jim Davies 21 weeks 1 day ago Blog entry Alex R. Knight III
    Following the guidance of Mr Occam, I heard that Mr Silverstein's command "pull" meant that Building 7 seems so unstable that it would be wise to pull out of it those firefighters who were still inside, rather than to advise the firing of hypothesized demolition explosives.   I also heard that  B7's collapse followed not just the many fires raging within, but in particular the destruction of a key support structure at one end, caused by falling debris. Once that end had given way, the weakened remainder followed domino style.   Without question, the FedGov caused the disaster. But it's just not smart enough to execute a plan that complex without flaw and without leakage. It did so by provocation of fanatical Muslims for over sixty years, and then by standing aside, if and when it heard rumors of a pending attack. Its hands are covered with blood, no question; but that interpretation is vastly easier to reconcile with its known characteristic of bungling incompetence.
  • TheMPP's picture
    TheMPP 21 weeks 2 days ago Web link TheMPP
    I thought the author did a good job of highlighting the liberal hypocrisy of someone demanding that he kill himself, with a #LoveWins hashtag. But yeah, he is definitely wigged out.  Hyperbole much?
    Samarami 21 weeks 2 days ago Web link TheMPP
    "Blaze" readers could never imagine libertarian thinking. Some might grasp Libertarian-ism (note upper case "L"). Slightly. So the social engineers are having a heyday with religionists over this "gay" thing. Most of us reading this on STR understand: with psychopaths of state penguins are elephants and cats are squirrels. In is out. Up is down. Bad is good. Etc etc etc But this guy is wigged out about it. I mean, "our" government must do something! These gays are taking over for pity sake! Religionists (as I've observed them -- your mileage may vary) simply can't separate human government systems from marriage. For them, it's in the book. So there isn't much sense in discussing this US Supreme Court thing with them. They firmly believe psychopaths in black dresses have "authority" over them. And you. And me. And that's what makes them rather dangerous. Sam
    Paul 21 weeks 6 days ago Page Alex R. Knight III
    Vermont sounds a lot like Oregon. "Liberals with guns"... I spent time living in Wyoming, allegedly the most conservative state in the nation. The personal taxation is less there, but the government is largely supported by the severance tax (on extraction of minerals - which of course raises the cost of those minerals and depresses their market). This gives rise to an (apparently) odd phenomenon, a conservative legislature that spends like a drunken sailor while the state finances remain viable. Yet what happens when the market turns down and the severance tax no longer covers the state boondoggles? We already know, because that happened in the '90's: rather than dumping the spending programs, taxes are raised to cover the programs, that have now developed a constituency to keep them going. Wyoming has the highest per capita government employment in the nation. Bottom line, there really isn't much difference between conservative government and liberal/socialist government.
    Paul 21 weeks 6 days ago
    Symbols
    Page Alex R. Knight III
    Sam, back in 1980 I was in Paris. One restaurant had a men's and ladies room in the basement, but the men's urinal was actually outside the two, just a wall of tiles where some water dripped out of a pipe, that the ladies walked by on the way to their room. Then there were the pissoirs on the sidewalks... :-) I mentioned the flag thing back in this article, coming to much the same conclusions as you: http://strike-the-root.com/libertarians-are-nothing-special Flags are much like choosing respresentatives in elections. They are a package deal; the good comes with the bad. But I think most people use them as landmarks to orient themselves with, or to find other members of one's tribe. I too find them not very useful although I have long had a hankering for the Gadsden flag.
    KenK 21 weeks 6 days ago Web link KenK
    The inmates considered her services a feature not a bug.
    Samarami 22 weeks 14 hours ago
    Symbols
    Page Alex R. Knight III
    I've watched "symbolism" germinate and grow exponentially over my 80 years. Divide-and-conquer is the agenda. Much of the "gay" phenomenon and sexuality in general is symbolic in nature. "Sexual orientation" only entered the vocabulary in the recent 20 or 30 years. I often wonder of aborigines in the tropics who run around naked all their lives are as perplexed in those areas as we in "civilized" parts of the world -- if they feel a need to ponder over their "orientation". An interesting sidelight: I recently took a job at Wal Mart -- mainly for the daily bike ride and to keep my head oriented (don't have to worry about sex orientation :-]). During my first week while on an errand at the front of the store I decided to duck into the men's room. I went in, all the stalls were occupied. I pushed on one or two to make certain (not wanting to stoop over and peek for feet). Eventually a stool flushed and out stepped a young lady -- in Wal Mart garb, one of the gals working in the front. I was petrified! I rushed out, looked at the door (thinking, "...what the hell is SHE doing in the MEN'S room for pity sake???...") I had walked into the ladies room of all stupid, embarrassing blunders(!). In the back where I work the men's is on the right. In the front the men's is on the left. Easy to mistake when you're in a rush and not using your head. But also symbolic. What's the big deal about using the bathroom that every owner of public establishments has to invest in two separate bathrooms? Pretty soon they'll also need a separate one for gays, and I suppose one for transgenders or transexuals or whatever they're calling themselves nowadays. In Japan when I was there in the 50's men and women used the bathroom together. There were no "men's" and "women's". The bible-belt culture has now forced them to westernize, I suppose. Between religion and sex, it's a wonder any of us have remained sane. Sam .
    Samarami 22 weeks 16 hours ago Web link Serenity
    Thanks for posting this brilliant essay by Murray Rothbard. Seems it might have been on the board in the past, but not recently. It is so easy for anarchists and/or libertarians (I've yet to read a viable definition outlining the difference) to become soothed into thinking that if "we" just get more heavily involved in the state (politics) at some level, "we" might just make a difference. Perhaps "we" should all go back and start voting again -- see if "we" can help the voting public to do "our" civic duty and get a higher grade of elected officials this time around -- if "we" will all just pitch in (and get all our friends and neighbors involved also). Not. I used quotes around "we" in deference to an excellent article written some years ago by Jeff Berwick. The article disappeared from the archives of his website once he began to dabble in partisan politics (he and Walter Block). There may be no connection between his dabbling and the disappearance, but I felt at the time that it was the most effective article Jeff ever wrote. I googled a copy that happened to be preserved at a non-related Yahoo Group forum. You can read it here: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/FPE/conversations/messages/61165. As I see it, the prime enemy of "the people" is their faith (dependence) in central political "authority" -- the state. It is that faith that must be exorcised. The "authority" (there is no authority if there is no faith) appears about to implode upon itself, and will no doubt take many casualties in its wake. Until that takes place we are relatively powerless to put an end to the abstraction we call "the state". But faith is the real enemy. That is something we can identify and address. Rothbard in this article "contributed his fair share" (pun intended) toward exposing the state -- the large group of psychopaths who make up that brainless abstraction. Sam
    Mark Davis 22 weeks 17 hours ago
    Symbols
    Page Alex R. Knight III
    Right!?!?  I suppose context has followed common sense and the Doe-doe bird down the road to extinction.
  • Serenity's picture
    Serenity 22 weeks 19 hours ago Web link Westernerd
    Thank you for the link Sam. thought it very fitting as i fill in today as guest editor. Brilliant!
    Samarami 24 weeks 6 hours ago Page Alex R. Knight III
    Nice observations, Alex. Whether or not Vermont leads the way in leftist-rightest thinking can certainly be up for grabs -- or whether or not "the tide" will ever be completely turned. And you're absolutely observant with your take that "Free-State-Project" of NH is a first-class oxymoron. I'm not sure hand-outs are necessarily the prime inducement -- although the thought of getting something for nothing will always lure some. There is an eerie, capture-bonding phenomenon that seems to grip mankind (see comment to the link end of this paragraph). It has been going on since the beginning of recorded history. And it has given rise to states, nations, countries, and other mindless abstractions that are almost impossible to exorcise from the human brain. Of course the "psychologists" over at Psychology Today fall into the trap of presenting the social engineering swindle -- trying to convince us that a psychiatrist named Nils Bejerot "baptized" the thing, and that it has been limited to a bank robbery in Sweeden. Well, and Patty Hearst. And maybe a few others. As I opined, the media types won't admit it -- we in the libertarian "community" should recognize it vividly -- but the tendency toward capture bonding seems to addict an extremely high percentage of people. And it has been rampant since the first conquerors came up with the genius idea of forming empires instead of slaughtering all the conquered people unfortunate enough to reside in besieged cities in the path of the hordes. It is astounding how -- even among us "libertarians" -- it is almost impossible to completely divorce our mentalities from statist thinking. And so I'll develop this or that "opinion" about the Rand Pauls or the Lindsey Grahams or the Bernie Sanders of the predator world. As if a Ron Paul or a Saul of Tarsus might make a difference. Not. This thing is going to have to run its course. The economy as we know it is going to have to eventually collapse before "we" get better. I suppose I should include myself in that dangerous "we". Who knows -- there might be a strong enough anarchy mass among us to really "turn the tide" when that certain calamity actually comes about. I hope to live to see it. I'm the healthiest 80 year-old in Des Moines, and I'm counting on being in the front row when it all comes tumbling down. Applauding. I sincerely hope I'll also still be willing (and able) to reach my hand out to help those many, many who will not be prepared when the cataclysm unfolds. Sam
    Samarami 24 weeks 10 hours ago Web link Westernerd
    I urge anybody who reads tripe such as this to get hold of a copy of the late Murray Rothbard's "Anatomy of the State". You can read it free here: http://www.ozarkia.net/bill/anarchism/library/AnatomyState.html Sam
    Glock27 24 weeks 1 day ago Web link A. Magnus
    Proposition 1: Is Lindsey Graham Competent? Generally speaking as one gains ground on time, time gains ground on the individual. I don’t know much about Graham, but from some of the ideologies he proposes and supports does not have any creative intelligence. I feel and believe that most Americans are not highly interested in sending our young men back into the hot bed of Hell. If we don’t, what is the most probable outcome by letting ISIS grow and spread? Most everyone understands that ISIS wants to kill Americans and destroy Israel. My question here is who among you are pleased and contented to let ISIS be. Proposition 2: Would you believe any President have ordered a ground strike on Iraq knowing they had no nuclear capabilities? Proposition 3: Graham thinks a ground invasion “may not have been the right answer”. I see an implication here that Graham would have supported a ground invasion bases on any other reason. Csn Graham be trusted? I guess this is a moot question given the fact that the majority of STR members are non-bean droppers. Certainly voting does not improve circumstances for a STR philosophy, but the underlying concern is, are you willing to let your son or daughter or even grandchildren be drafted to fight political wars? Currently, the House Boy playing at being President has achieved much in destabilizing this nation by removing huge chunks of military personnel, and has made this nation weak. Is the philosophy of STR a point also of destabilizing this nation and making us subjects, slaves, serfs, to another religious ideology? Not that we are already subject to the whims and dictates of a political system that has been failing from its origins. Proposition 4: Graham blame’s Saddam Hussein for destabilizing the region “He had a lot to do with destabilizing the region.” Really. Did he. Yes he committed some horrific acts upon his people and the Kurds, but as Sam can point out so have numerous other leaders out of history. What is bothersome is the attitude, view and philosophy that is corrosive to the stability and safety of this nation. An Observation: Recently an young, white, female aide worker for the Red Cross was captured by ISIS. She, according to reports, was sexually abused by the Alpha leader for a period of time and then beheaded. There did exist a period of time the U.S. could have made efforts to intervene in an effort to save her life, but these brilliant minds and the House Boy choose to ignore her. If STR believes in non-violence I can understand why no one offered any token to assist in any attempt in saving this young woman’s life. We read about it and say “Oh well, everybody has problems. Maybe she shouldn’t have gone over there to begin with..” Proposition 5: “At the end of the day, I blame President Obama for the mess in Iraq, and Syria, not President Bush” Well, Graham has shown exactly where his colors lie. It is with party politics and not with Americans. Do we want to go to war with ISIS? If we don’t what are we to be faced with in the future, the very near future? When they come after us, do you have what is necessary to defend yourself against this enemy? Do you have the resources to feed your family and to provide the necessary medical attention they may need? There are so many other questions which could be asked, but you have to ask those questions for yourself. Conclusion: Graham couldn’t think his way out of a wet paper bag. This man is incompetent to the core and has left all values of liberty and freedom behind for his own self-centered, egoistical, self-aggrandizing greed. Something must be done and I do not have the cognitive skills necessary to discover the solution.
    Glock27 24 weeks 6 days ago Page Alex R. Knight III
    Paul. I as a teacher (now retired with 35 years of teaching in special education) why shouldn't I get a raise. People in private business and corporate business get raises and I have no doubt that during your career you received raised? Oh! It comes from collected locally school tax. That's the reason. As a special educator I had shit thrown at me (not taught in college classes how to dodge shit), pissed at, stabbed with pencils and other sharp objects, attacked by more than one student at a time in the classroom, had false charges filed against me regarding various allegations. Having to deal with this exactly why should I not receive some form of compensation. I am retired now and I draw only 42% of my last 5 years of gross income, 42%. Despite this I contributed 3% of my gross income into a Member Investment Plan to help out, HA! A lot of good that has done with the House Boy destroying the nation. It seems teachers catch all the flack in every state, but no one pays any attention to the principal's, administrators and superintendents whos incomes zoom, zoom ahead of that of teachers. Where do you suppose they get their income? Some superintendents make enough to support hiring 4 new teachers, 6 janators, 5 secretarial staff. Sometimes I think specific groups are selected out as an example without looking at the whole picture of individuals involved in the collective of payement. When teachers negotiate a contract, who do you think gives in and gives the increase presented at the barganing table. Its the administration. they agree to the terms. Why? It puts them in a position to gain a higher income for themselves and so on. Now, at the board meetings the Superintendent presents the fact that they have reached the best possible agreement and the board, filled with civilian members who don't get the facts and they just vote. They trust the Superintendent they hired. Ha! Blast me Paul. I want to understand exactly why I as a teacher should not receive a pay increase? Why should I stay at one pay level for all my years? Does not the STR philosophy permit barganing for a fair compensation for my product/skill. Whether one individual agrees to the wage presented or not is up to the individual. Now a board is a collective of people trying their best to understand all the complications of the issue of which they are not fully capable of. Communities need schools because not everyone can home school given our current world economic crisis. If we eliminate Public Education, then the illiteracy rate will increace more than it currently is given to poor performance of public schools, but who is at fault here? Certainly not the community, but the government. Ahrg! Show me where I am wrong. If Sam reads this I would be very happy to hear his words as well!!
    Glock27 24 weeks 6 days ago Page Alex R. Knight III
    Reflected mostly by the inane comments the make in public. Few Hollywood personages like John Voigt, as oppose to those who keep their mouths shut. How is it possible that we can sit idly by while the House Boy prepares for the mass destruction of Israel and our Nation. The house boy is not stupid, he knows exactly what he is doing. Although engaging government is not a perfered activity of STR members, I find it behooving that the engagement occur if for not other reason that to keep the nuclear bomb out of Iran's hands. There is an art to this, and the art of the skillful voices here could be influential and possibly advance the cause of ,in the least , of beginning to bring light the a possible shrinkage of government. I may be off center about this, but I do hope you see what I am trying to get at!
    Glock27 24 weeks 6 days ago Page Alex R. Knight III
    Glock27 24 weeks 6 days ago Page Alex R. Knight III
    Glock27 24 weeks 6 days ago Page Alex R. Knight III
    Glock27 24 weeks 6 days ago Page Alex R. Knight III
    Glock27 24 weeks 6 days ago Page Alex R. Knight III
    Glock27 24 weeks 6 days ago Page Alex R. Knight III
    Glock27 24 weeks 6 days ago Page Alex R. Knight III
    Glock27 24 weeks 6 days ago Page Alex R. Knight III
  • Jeff Langr's picture
    Jeff Langr 25 weeks 13 hours ago
    What PBS Likes to Hide
    Blog entry Jim Davies
    Fascinating. In a similar vein, I have posted on occasion to NPR's blog, only to discover posts quickly removed, apparently by a live censor. It seemed to me that they retain most of the lefty comments, as well as any other comments that make people look like a kook or jerk (i.e. typically under-informed righties). Any of my reasonably well-argued, non-inflammatory comments were quickly deleted. Interesting point about them being state-funded, so in a sense this is real censorship.
    Glock27 25 weeks 23 hours ago Page Alex R. Knight III
    Sam: Political action is good! For Some. Especially those who have the ultimate need for power. I watched the debates, the first one. It seemed as if it were a circus to me, but I still want to build a great wall across all faces of our boarders based on the murder rates ocuring in Sanction Cities, the drunk illegal immigrant, the raping illegal immigrant, and all other illegal immigrants. I have not achieved the Brownian ideology you passed on to me. The ideologies expressed here are never going to work and never will work because those in power are not going to permit it to work. Anyway, an open boarder only invites massive crime wave upon the ignorant, unwashed masses, and I really don't desire to see that slaughter begin to happen. We have had one slaughter years back and in some stupid manner as this American Federal Egoistical, Self-aggrandizing, greedy bastards have done is to restrict and eliminate more and more of the freedoms we once possessed. I love you Sam. You are a brilliant mind and your words carry weight. But if it is only here, what is your payout, self-satisfaction with a collection of like minded persons. My body is wearing out, but I keep hammeing at the assholes in washington, futility, for self satisfaction of at least giving them my piece of mind. I once said, if I can accomplish causing one Senator staff, or Representative Staff to see the light then I have changed one person, and he might go out and change one person. I fight for my gun rights, I fight for my border protection. I want a great wall of China here and booby traps placed underground to blow up every illegal trying to flood this nation with murders, rapists, robbers, drugs, whores, and etc. We ourselves are in a messy situation now with youth rotting their brains on you tube, facebook, twitter and etc. Rudeness grows at leaps and bounds as well as American illiteracy. stupidity flows out of Hollywood, and off T,V, sets, replacing moral and ethical conduct with vile, despicable conduct. Nearly all youth want you to give them everything they desire and have no work ethic. Whats your pay out. Attention here. Guess I will catch a flaming for this?!
    Samarami 25 weeks 1 day ago Web link A. Magnus
    You're correct. If monopoly state were totally out of the marketplace (not likely) there would arise many additional free-market services to which any of us could subscribe, such as kosher labeling, consumer reporting, etc. Enforced labeling, like enforced medical insurance or enforced vaccinations, will always manifest what we like to call "unintended consequences". Which in reality are not unintended when you think about it. Sort of like the "911" phenomenon -- they give rise to bloated and more aggressive and coercive expansions of government to "solve" all those "unintended consequences". I like to remember what our old friend, Jim Davies, once wrote: No government anywhere, at any time, has ever brought net benefit to any society, and there is no desirable function that any government performs that could not be performed better, or less expensively, by free people operating on a voluntary basis for profit or for charity. ~Jim Davies http://www.takelifeback.com/tdaw/ Sam
  • John deLaubenfels's picture
    John deLaubenfels 25 weeks 1 day ago Web link A. Magnus
    A majority of Americans also support minimum wage laws, which, like forced GMO labeling, are also illegitimate.  Anyone who finds the labeling on anything offered for sale to be inadequate is free to take his money elsewhere.
    Samarami 25 weeks 1 day ago
    Laws, or Men?
    This is a good topic, Paul -- and you've done a nice job bringing it to the fore. Due to waning activity on this and other anarchistic forums, I've participated on some general forums such as Delphi. I catch myself debating with "atheists" and/or "religionists" (often a crossfire between both) -- shooting fire-beams at each for being unrealistic and inconsistent. Each fails to see government, or "the-state", as representing doctrines of superstition -- religion. My argument stems from or aligns itself with our old friend Larken Rose as he presents The Government Con". Both atheists and religionists tend to support that brainless abstraction called "the state". Each will admonish me to vote if I want any "say" whatsoever. To which I counter by declaring that the only "say" I have is when I abstain from beans. Here is one of the threads, although my compooter ignorance is such that I think you might have to register and log in to read it. Oh, and I just noticed my participation begins around message 320 or 340. Sam
    Samarami 25 weeks 2 days ago Page Alex R. Knight III
    Payoff is the key. Why am I here on STR? What is my "payoff"? Am I attempting to proselytize my point of view? If so, why? Those are questions I have to ask myself frequently. Of course I'm old, retired for the most part, and have time on my hands. I can engage in web communication. Interchanging with individuals who are more-or-less in tune with my points of view is less discomforting than participating with, say neo-con or their nemesis, liberal forums. I've done both, and decided it's fruitless to pull out what few hairs I have left trying to turn people around who have no intention of being "informed" (keeping in mind my belly-button thesis: what I have is information, what you have could be bullshit). Mama taught me to avoid pissin' matches with skunks. Facebook and those venues seem to be seed-beds for mainly ignorant one-liner insults. A huge plurality of the hoi polloi seem addicted to an "activist mentality". Only a small percentage being actual activists, the larger percentage being followers and activist enthusiasts. But your phrase "...in what everybody else is forced to do..." points to the crux. If you are a true anarchist (or libertarian -- I've yet to see a clear definition of the difference) your main attitude will obviously be to NOT force others into or out of anything that is not directly detrimental to you and/or those you love. But try putting that into text and on the market. You might elicit a crumb or two from well-to-do anarchists in the form of a "donation", but that's about it. Unless you're a Rand or a Ron Paul, of course --and know how to conduct a "moneybomb". But keep in mind the Paulians push for political action -- force. There is no "good" political action. Sam
    Paul 25 weeks 3 days ago Page Harry Goslin
    Good one Harry. Government could not exist without lies and euphemism and general abuse of the language.
    Paul 25 weeks 3 days ago Page Alex R. Knight III
    I suppose there are different ways to take it. Yes, it looks somewhat like whipped dog, but I think it's actually something different going on. In scenario A, they write a check. That means they pay, but nobody else does. In scenario B, they pay higher taxes, and so does everybody else. What is the difference between these two scenarios? Not in what they do, but in what everybody else is forced to do. The reason they select scenario B is because they want everybody else to pay. That's what they are really looking for. If they wanted only themselves to pay, they'd pick scenario A, which is much easier because it requires no lobbying or advocacy. In other words, they are lying. As support for my view, I'd like to remind you WHO it is who makes such claims. In every case I could figure out, it was activists. For example, teachers looking to pass a levy so they will get a raise. That's not to say that it is impossible to find a whipped dog here or there who mindlessly repeats such propaganda. But I think that's relatively unimportant. If you hear anyone who makes such a claim, it's a pretty sure bet he is looking for a payoff somewhere.
    Alex R. Knight III 25 weeks 3 days ago Page Alex R. Knight III
    I don't know, Paul:  Within very recent memory there was press coverage about a cadre of well-to-do Vermont residents who openly begged the governor, Pete Shumlin, to charge them higher taxes.  Which, indeed, as your statement suggests, begs the question, why not just send a check?   But they didn't do that.  They seemed to only want to pay once there was a gun to their head.   It's a total whipped-dog mentality, and I really don't know how to explain it.  It goes further -- much further -- than just collectivist (essentially Marxist) ideology.
    Paul 25 weeks 4 days ago Page Alex R. Knight III
    No Sam, I don't buy it. Freedom is very popular, and seems to be getting even more so. The problem is not that people do not desire it, but that they are inconsistent, and don't understand the implications of freedom. Example: taxes. I've never met anybody who really wanted to pay more taxes; clearly anybody who *claimed* to be that way does not need to lobby for it. He just needs to write a check. What really is going on is that everybody wants lower taxes, but at the same time (most) people want OTHERS to pay higher taxes. See what I mean? Inconsistent.
    Paul 25 weeks 4 days ago Page Harry Goslin
    "The self-righteous crusading crowd goes on an emotional rampage demanding that Americans boycott these products and, that failing, pressures government to embargo the country’s imports." Actually, there is nothing really wrong about boycotts (other than possibly being stupid or counterproductive). What I mean is that they are not violent and evil and inherently illegitimate, as government action is. As to "white" farmers, I understand the Mugabe government has recently attempted to lure the farmers back, who had their farms stolen from them. I guess they finally figured out some expertise was involved in farming, and they now have none in their population. I haven't heard about anybody taking him up on this...
    Paul 25 weeks 4 days ago Web link KenK
    The implication here is that there is a difference between right and left.
    Glock27 25 weeks 4 days ago
    How I Got a Job
    Page Paul Bonneau
    Interesting perspective Paul. Just for amusement purposes, I recall years ago, when the economy was going in the toilet like it is now, Readers Digest ran an article on what companies were looking for in employees. You might have been there at the time of your successful adventures. The key point in the article was that companies were not looking for the smartest and brightest in the field, but rather those individuals who had the best social skill with the ability to get along with others, clients, and etc. I don't know if this is applicable today or not, but I would have to believe it needs serious consideration. I hate it when I walk into a shop, the attendant begins attending to me, the phone rings and he or she immediately starts providing service for the phone in and leaves me standing along.
    KenK 25 weeks 6 days ago Web link KenK
    The brass hats didn't object to CSA flags of any sort. If it kept the cannon fodder amused and placid until it was time to throw them into the meat grinder, well, so much the better.