Something is wrong! We must do something! We can't just sit back and let this happen!
Column by Vahram G. Diehl
- Educate yourself! Read a book! Uncover the secrets of the universe! Social plights have always been caused by ignorance of the subject of which actions will lead to which effects. Don't fall victim to the disease of sensationalism. Know the facts behind how existence operates and plan your life accordingly, or else you may spend your entire time on this planet chasing an imaginary fruitless dream and fighting demons of your own making. Stand firm in truth, even if you stand alone.
- Educate others! Those blessed with the gift of explanatory prowess may find their greatest rewards in life will come from aiding in the expansion of knowledge and awareness in others who seek understanding. The whole world benefits whenever a person takes a step away from ignorance and comes closer to the light of true conceptions of reality.
- Raise your children well. The shaping of quality humans who are emotionally balanced and intellectually matured is likely the toughest and most important task in the world. Any time spent out on the front lines doing battles against perceived oppressors is time and attention taken away from ensuring the healthy development of our most beloved creations and the true future and hope for humanity.
- Invent something. Humanity's livelihood and standard of living have always primarily been affected by the quantity and quality of tools available to it. Innovation for the species has only recently progressed beyond Stone Age simple machines and into high energy technology. The future lies in the building and implementation of ideas and machines that surpass our present ability to shape reality into a rationally hospitable environment for human civilization. This leads me to my next point:
- Start a business. Yes, I said it. Become a part of the greatly demonized corporate machine. Offer a new product or service of higher quality or lower cost than what currently exists on the available market. Engage in fair marketplace competition by not accepting collective handouts from coercive wealth redistributors. Give consumers a voluntary choice to select your business over others at their own individual discretion. Create jobs for skilled and ethical workers by increasing production in the economy. Everyone wins in an ethical business: employers, employees, sellers, buyers, and everything in between.
- Be a good person. Follow common sense ethics like the universally lauded “Golden Rule” of only acting towards others in ways that you yourself find agreeable. Do not lie, cheat, steal, force, mislead, or coerce personal gain at the loss of another no matter how seemingly insignificant it may appear at the time. Sustainable relationships cannot be built upon fraud.
- Do not support the immoral and irrational mechanisms currently in operation. This is in several regards the most difficult course of action for many; it seems to them that they are giving up in the fight against the enemy. When we patronize businesses that produce their products and fund their efforts through illegitimate means or partake in political measures that seize the wealth and freedom of others without their consent, we only serve to perpetuate the madness that plagues out world. No matter how seemingly benevolent and progressive the intended outcome of these endeavors, their methods of operation are fundamentally flawed and are counter to the end we are seeking.
- Spread the message of productive action to others. Do not stand idly by while you notice your well-intentioned friends and neighbors ignorantly participating in actions that you know to be truly harmful and counterproductive to social progress. Be ready to push buttons, ask questions, and call people out on their paradigms of causality, and be prepared to stand by and rationally defend your own. If no one ever has the courage to question the status quo of acceptable behavior, it will never fundamentally alter and we will never get where we are trying to go.