"The champions of socialism call themselves progressives, but they recommend a system which is characterized by rigid observance of routine and by a resistance to every kind of improvement. They call themselves liberals, but they are intent upon abolishing liberty. They call themselves democrats, but they yearn for dictatorship. They call themselves revolutionaries, but they want to make the government omnipotent. They promise the blessings of the Garden of Eden, but they plan to transform the world into a gigantic post office. Every man but one a subordinate clerk in a bureau. What an alluring utopia! What a noble cause to fight!" ~ Ludwig von Mises
Log from Blammo is all talk and no action--or at least no action that he will ever confess. By day, he works as an insignificant cog in a corporate machine, pounding away at curly braces and semicolons until the instructions are simple enough that stupid machines can follow them. One day, he hopes to write a program for autonomous worker androids that is even one-tenth as successful as the United States Code of Federal Regulations.
RECENT COMMENTS BY Log from Blammo
- Through Thick and Thin: Ahoy! Page Mark Davis
- Chicago to Implement Street Pole Spy Boxes in the Name of ‘Safety’ Web link Melinda L. Secor
- After 50 Years, Washington Has Lost the War on Poverty Web link Bradley Keyes
- The Day I Left My Son In The Car Web link Bradley Keyes
- The Heart Association’s Junk Science Diet Web link Bradley Keyes