"...as all history informs us, there has been in every State & Kingdom a constant kind of warfare between the governing & governed: the one striving to obtain more for its support, and the other to pay less. And this has alone occasioned great convulsions, actual civil wars, ending either in dethroning of the Princes, or enslaving of the people. Generally indeed the ruling power carries its point, the revenues of princes constantly increasing, and we see that they are never satisfied, but always in want of more. The more the people are discontented with the oppression of taxes; the greater need the prince has of money to distribute among his partisans and pay the troops that are to suppress all resistance, and enable him to plunder at pleasure. There is scarce a king in a hundred who would not, if he could, follow the example of Pharaoh, get first all the peoples money, then all their lands, and then make them and their children servants for ever." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Log from Blammo is all talk and no action--or at least no action that he will ever confess. By day, he works as an insignificant cog in a corporate machine, pounding away at curly braces and semicolons until the instructions are simple enough that stupid machines can follow them. One day, he hopes to write a program for autonomous worker androids that is even one-tenth as successful as the United States Code of Federal Regulations.
RECENT COMMENTS BY Log from Blammo
- The Chinese Water Torture, Sort Of Page Paul Hein
- So, It’s Illegal To Feed The Homeless Now… Web link Westernerd
- Another Day, Another Cop Shoots a Dog Web link Westernerd
- Dr. Mengele Makes A Comeback As Mad Scientists Play With Genetics Web link A. Magnus
- In the UK You Can Now Only Buy Heirloom Seeds if You Are Part of a Private Members Club Web link Bradley Keyes