"Socialism, like the ancient ideas from which it springs, confuses the distinction between government and society. As a result of this, every time we object to a thing being done by government, the socialists conclude that we object to its being done at all. We disapprove of state education. Then the socialists say that we are opposed to any education. We object to a state religion. Then the socialists say that we want no religion at all. We object to a state-enforced equality. Then they say that we are against equality. And so on, and so on. It is as if the socialists were to accuse us of not wanting persons to eat because we do not want the state to raise grain." ~ Frederic Bastiat
Sharon Secor has been a freelance writer for the past 12 years, wandering highways and byways, exploring the underground, calling where she rests home. Her journey into freelance writing was inspired by Christine de Pisan (1364-1429), a widow and writer of social commentary who, as well as being one of France’s earliest well-known female authors, was able to support her children through her writing. In addition to writing social, political, and economic commentary, Ms. Secor also specializes copy writing and SEO content, writing a broad range of articles for numerous websites and publications. As a political anarchist and single parent, she also devotes her time to practicing resistance and raising revolutionaries.
RECENT COMMENTS BY Sharon Secor
- Paul Ryan Was Right — Poverty is a Cultural Problem Web link Sharon Secor
- Martial Law Cannot Be Far Away Now! Massive Car To Car Warrantless Search In DC Region Web link Bradley Keyes
- Home of the Slave, Land of the Fee Page Paul Hein
- Fun With Freedom: Keeping Your Dignity With the TSA (Thousands of Sexual Assailants) Page Lawrence M. Ludlow
- Words and Deeds Page Douglas Young