"[M]onopoly profits exist over the long run only when the government guarantees them, as in utilities and cable. And for concentration of market power, no robber baron can hold a candle to the U.S. government.... The hugest concentration of market power in this country does not lie with the likes of Rupert Murdoch or Bill Gates, but with government itself.... No private company, no matter how huge or wealthy, could possibly have as much widespread power over the function of American markets as government does." ~ Brian Doherty
This member hasn't provided any details.
RECENT COMMENTS BY Paul
- Obama Pledges $500 Million For Syrian Rebels...Meanwhile In Detroit... Web link A. Magnus
- Logical Fallacies? Page Paul Bonneau
- Chicago to Implement Street Pole Spy Boxes in the Name of ‘Safety’ Web link Melinda L. Secor
- The Free State Project: A Libertarian Testing Ground For Bitcoin, 3D Printers, and Drones Web link Bradley Keyes
- Support for Open Borders is a Fundamental Tenet of Libertarianism, and David Brat is Not a Libertarian Web link Bradley Keyes