• Steve's picture
    Steve 14 hours 39 min ago Page Steve
    This libertarian reaction of "It's libertarians who are truly compassionate, because our policies actually help the poor, unlike those of well-meaning progressives" is real common, and addressed by Haidt in a talk at Reason: It's Hard to Gross Out a Libertarian: Jonathan Haidt on Sex, Politics, and Disgust: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmz10uQsTYE&t=22m0s
    Jim Davies 14 hours 54 min ago Blog entry Alex R. Knight III
    So government forbids unlicensed foreigners to live here unless they do, in fact, live here. And when they live here, if they drive, they are handed a license to drive lest they should drive without a license. Not being true citizens they are of course not allowed to vote (assuming any of them wish to) but now, in California, those who can drive are to be compelled to be able to vote. Is that about it?   Just another day in La-La Government Land.
    KenK 5 days 8 hours ago Web link Westernerd
    Boo hiss!
    KenK 6 days 10 hours ago Web link A. Magnus
    I love desert landscapes.
    KenK 1 week 1 day ago Web link Melinda L. Secor
    For regular banking stuff a locally based, member owned credit union is a much better bet.  Without wealthy corporate types running them (unlike Chase, CitiCorp, BoA, et alia) the pols in DC have much less clout for putting  agendas (e.g. "Operation Chokepoint") on their business practices. There is still some fed and state imposed crap to contend with, but it's a lot less, and there are more "work arounds" available.
    KenK 1 week 5 days ago Web link Westernerd
    Corporations are the legal inventions of states. Without states they wouldn't exist.
    Mark Davis 2 weeks 1 day ago Web link Government Deni...
    This is excellent.  Spread far and wide.
    Samarami 2 weeks 3 days ago
    Dear OSPIRG Gal...
    Page Paul Bonneau
    Good points, Paul. Shades of Butler Shaffer a few years ago over at Lew Rockwell: https://www.lewrockwell.com/2011/06/butler-shaffer/green-statists-at-the... Sam
    Paul 2 weeks 4 days ago Web link KenK
    Oleg is an amazing photographer; by all means look through his work.
  • emartin's picture
    emartin 2 weeks 5 days ago Web link Westernerd
    And they remain 'Slave Catching Patrols'.
    Paul 2 weeks 5 days ago Page GainesvilleCoins
    It's sure looking to get exciting pretty soon.
    Paul 2 weeks 5 days ago Web link A. Magnus
    Uh, is this article accurate? Saying that government water treatment is better and cheaper than private treatment? Oh-oh...
    Samarami 3 weeks 1 day ago
    Where Rights Come From
    Blog entry Jim Davies
    Your comment, Alex, is insightful if not overly polite. Because this childish crazy-making has gone on for considerably longer than "one year". And, yes, it has indeed rendered STR invalid. Most of these folks, like me, will simply not endure juvenile name-calling. I submit that most have ceased contributing to STR and moved on to other venues out of disgust. Sam
    Alex R. Knight III 3 weeks 3 days ago
    Where Rights Come From
    Blog entry Jim Davies
    Jim: While I have no particular disagreement with your conclusions as to the origin and nature of "rights" (other than mere semantics, i.e., how can one own, per se, what one already is), your own conciliation that "rights" can be -- and as we well know, so often are -- violated, places such assertions in a kind of a priori status.  This is to say that, while the logic may be airtight, its application is not, necessarily. e.g., The Jews of the Warsaw Ghetto had a "right" to live.  Fine.  But how much good did that "right," in practice, do them?  If "rights" can be said to exist concretely, irrespective of human action, then how?  And of what tangible value is that knowledge, or assertion thereof?  Such contentions are reduced to mere abstractions. I have come to think of "rights" as far more easily and accurately defined thusly: "Rights" (for lack of a better word) are, in practice, opinions.  And they require 2 prerequisites:   1.) They must be rooted in an idea that at least a sizeable number of others are willing to recognize as such (e.g., I have a "right" to free speech, but not to beat up anyone who angers me). 2.) They must further be such that, if they are abrogated or violated, one has a reasonable chance of defending or restoring them, whether by peaceable or violent means (if my free speech is violated, many will come to my support if not aid; the violators will be in a minority, and quickly defeated.  If I beat my neighbor because I don't like his views, I will receive very little support, my detractors will be many, I will be defeated).   Otherwise, it's all well and fine to assert one's "rights" -- and one can even be right, from a standpoint of rationalism.  Unfortunately, you can't always take that to the bank.   You almost invariably present a fine rebuttal.  :-)  I await yours in the sincere hopes of learning something.
  • helpfuljosh's picture
    helpfuljosh 3 weeks 4 days ago Page Paul Hein
    It would be nice if you had also used the first example of healthcare insurance again to make the piece whole. How are people punished who don't want Obama care but are forced to accept it. Is this comparable with penalties for a speeding ticket? The "evil because forbidden" is an eye opener in this case. We should weigh the evil inflicted on the people violating the law against the victims that it has saved from harm. But then you will end up comparing a fine (money) with what a life is worth or something like this. It would be nice if we had a scientific scale for "evil"! When looking at marijuana drug violations the "evil" that is prevented does absolutely not balans the scale for all the people that are punish for breaking the law and not endangering anyone. http://ilovegrowingmarijuana.com
    Paul 3 weeks 6 days ago Web link TheMPP
    What's the point of being a cop, unless you have access to coerced sex?
    Paul 3 weeks 6 days ago Web link TheMPP
    He seems to want to ignore the trend in poverty prior to 1964. Of course every study of human beings has an axe to grind; not a single one of them is honest, nor could they be even if they wanted to be.
    Paul 3 weeks 6 days ago Web link TheMPP
    There is money to be made; careers...
    Samarami 4 weeks 4 hours ago
    Defining Anarchy
    Page Mark Davis
    In doing research for a comment at another site I ran across this essay by Mark, written nearly ten years ago -- and which elicited no STR comments whatsoever. Interesting. This was an excellent overview of anarchist observation. I obviously read it, made no comment myself at the time (I must have been brand-new to compooterization in general and this site in particular in 2005), so certainly am not entitled to hurl insults at anybody for ignoring the important in this case. So many "anarchist" comment sections end up with driveling and sniveling commentary over pablum ("religion", "science", "sex", and such-like detritus) -- while allowing the meat and spinach to go by the wayside (the "stuff" of libertarian and anarchist thought). I suspect none of us have good call to wail or gnash teeth over the non-acceptance of anarchy out there in the mainstream where all the little fishes swim. Just sayin'. Sam
  • ReverendDraco's picture
    ReverendDraco 4 weeks 8 hours ago Web link TheMPP
    There doesn't need to be evidence of actual harm because WORST CASE SCENARIO!
  • Plant Immigration Rights Supporter's picture
    Plant Immigrati... 4 weeks 11 hours ago Web link TheMPP
    "Right. But you have to own that then,” grilled Oliver. “You’re giving documents with information you know could be harmful, which could get out there.” Harmful to whom? That is the question. Harmful to the government? The same government that is spying on us, eviscerating or liberties, and bombing innocents overseas? If so, that is a GOOD thing. And is there any actual evidence that any human beings were physically harmed as a result of this? I mean physically, not embarrassed, but actually physically harmed? If so where is it?
    Jim Davies 4 weeks 14 hours ago Blog entry Glen Allport
    Well spotted, Glen; and it's always fun to watch one government entity squabbling with another.   But is it quite fair to conclude from the article that "Nuclear power is [not] workable as a free-market industry"?   Surely, what the UK situation tends to prove is that nuclear power is not workable as a government monopoly; it's never been anything else. The question of whether it could work in a free market is left, by the article, wide open. The Guardian writer does not even pose it - despite that journal's honorable history during the Victorian era as a champion of classical liberal values.
    Samarami 4 weeks 23 hours ago
    Us, or U.S.?
    Paul Hein: The tragedy is that we allow them to do it. Shame on US! I "voted" you a 9 on this essay, Paul. I would have "voted" 10 -- a perfect score -- were it not for these last two sentences. I have not allowed "them" to do it. So I herewith absolve myself of "shame". Nah, I can't be totally absolved of shame. There are times I just let 'er slip due to such complete saturation and lack of interest in changing -- often among my dear libertarian writer/friends. There are friends on this very page who, I suspect, rue the day I stumbled upon the late Delmar England's "Insanity As the Social Norm". For years -- even prior to my official enrollment into the confederation of anarchy -- I had come to recognize the fallacy of "we", and also of "reification": "Missouri casts 15 votes for the next grand wizard of the klan!..." Neither you nor I cast any votes. I suppose as in the case of a political "convention" one individual can be delegated to speak for and represent a delegation of individuals who have met, voted and agreed upon a specific candidate for grand wizard. But it would be beyond the capacity of political reason to ask them to say something like, "...the Missouri delegation casts..." That would border on ending obfuscation, upon which all political "planks" reside. But "Missouri" did not support Barack Obama or John McCain or Ron Paul. A certain number of people in a place they're calling "Missouri" may have, but neither you nor I supported anybody. Well, I can't speak for you. Reification has drawn more professing libertarian writers into the snares of collectivist mentality than we can shake fingers at -- not that it does any good to go shaking fingers at anybody. "Japan attacked the US at Perle Harbor." Wrong. "Japan" doesn't exist. Nor does "the US". People exist. We need to stop engaging in collectivist thought hawsers if we're going to be effective in proselytizing our "ism" of libertarian thinking. You've provided a good start with this essay. Here's a good documentary outlining the phenomenon (1 hr 22 min). It was posted and promoted on Dollar Vigilante just today. I do greatly appreciate this article, Paul. It is well-written and clear. I no longer feel like the lone voice in the wilderness. Sam
    Jim Davies 4 weeks 2 days ago Blog entry Mark Davis
    Good job, Mark, in questioning the authority of government numbers.   Here are some more funny ones.   Assuming that the population is distributed evenly by year and that the life expectancy is 80, there are about (320/80 =) 4 million alive per year of age. Further assume that people retire at 62 on the fortune they have amassed (like Sam, for example) and begin work at 16, there are (4 x (62-16) =) 184 million people of working age.   However, half of them (92 million) are ladies, and Nature has equipped those best to mind the children, so not many of them ought to be out there laboring. Hence the working population "ought" to be 92 million men, plus a few exceptional ladies - say, round it up to 100 million.   But the referenced article says that 148.3 million people are actually employed. Therefore the unemployed number negative 48 million and the over-employment rate is 48%.   Lies, damned lies, and satistics.
    Samarami 4 weeks 3 days ago Blog entry Mark Davis
    Mark: "...their ain't a whole lot of new rich people these days..." I am a sovereign state. I am also "... the new rich..." It really wasn't that great of an accomplishment, with a population of 1 -- but it is an achievement. My affluence came about through my divorce from measuring wealth in terms of "federal-reserve-notes". Oh, I keep some with me. Every day when I cross the border into a place they're calling "The-US" I find precious few merchants who would accept or even recognize anything other than FRN's. Ever now and again a clerk will hold the '20' I just handed her up to the light. I'll usually say, "that's counterfeit!". They generally stare back with that blank, suspicious appearance; although lately I've discovered a few will smile with a look of perception. Which is another reason for my prosperity: I don't need their approval for my self-esteem. Or the approval of those psychopaths who make up that abstraction called "the state". Because I now understand that anybody within that group, in order to maintain their employment and hope to rise to the top of their "division", will prevaricate. Obfuscation has been the bulwark of the science of rulership since the very first khans discovered they could become governors and senators and kings by allowing the inhabitants of the conquered villages to remain alive and continue to produce and trade; rather than to rape all the women, then slaughter all the men, women and children. Obfuscation is the bulwark of what has recently been defined as "Stockholm Syndrome" -- the desire of the conquered to gain recognition and amenities from their conquerors (also known as "patriotism"). The enormity of the truth is incredible. Sam
  • Thunderbolt's picture
    Thunderbolt 4 weeks 6 days ago Web link Government Deni...
    Thank you, Sam.
    Samarami 4 weeks 6 days ago Web link Government Deni...
    You didn't ask for my take, but I'll present it nonetheless: Years ago I ceased using the term "rights". It is no longer in my vocabulary. I make choices. I am aware there are people near and far who feel duty-bound to interfere with many of the choices I make. It is my responsibility, and mine alone, to defend myself from those interlopers. And, if my choices should give rise to behaviors that interfere with your tranquility or your well-being -- or that of those you love -- I can expect negative repercussions from you, or them. It will be your natural backlash from my impudence, not due to your "right" to be left alone. So I refrain from interfering in your life. I want you to like me. It's funner that way. As I see it (and I could be wrong), use of the term "rights" would imply that there are folks somewhere who are responsible for granting, maintaining or sustaining my "rights". They might, and they might not. If they don't, what am I going to do about it? Whine? Wring my hands -- gnash my teeth? If it's going to be, it will be up to me. Sam
    Samarami 4 weeks 6 days ago Page GainesvilleCoins
    "Financial Markets" are fairy tales. Coins are forever. "...There are certain spheres where you simply cannot remove the human element without terrible consequences..." Smartest sentence in the essay. Once I knew an economics teacher, Bob Lawson (long gone), who argued: "There is no such thing as technological unemployment..." This would have been around 1950. Long before compooters -- even Univac. I was a railroad telegrapher -- headed in the direction of the stage coach and buggy whip. Lawson was wrong. Teletype and land-line telephones were about to cost me my career. Turns out I got myself enslaved by the white man about that time to participate in a war ("conflict" ha ha) like those regularly conducted by lunatics. They were using the euphemism "draft" to describe that phenomenon. Had I known what was to come I would have courageously fled to a non-combative political entity, such as that in the place they like to call "Canada". But the "service" solved my problem. I was re-educated, re-trained, re-vamped, re-programmed, and re-evaluated -- all thanks to psychopaths who lurk under the mindless abstraction called "government". Somehow I managed to have seven kids and a hungry wife. I became quite successful as an "educator" in government ("public" ha ha) schools. Mr. Lawson was right. But not for the reason you might suspect. I am now the richest man in my city. Not due to bank balances or investments calculated in "federal reserve notes". Due to libertarians and anarchists grabbing me by the seat of the pants and scruff of the neck and eventually dragging me here -- causing me to become a free, sovereign state. In spite of the naysayers (thanks, Jim Davies, wherever you've ended up). Wherever, whenever a man or woman is willing to roll up her sleeves and put forth her best efforts to accomplish the assigned task(s), s/he will likely meet with success. It's the rule of the marketplace. Sam
  • Thunderbolt's picture
    Thunderbolt 4 weeks 6 days ago Web link Government Deni...
    Good day to you, Paul. I will presume that many, and perhaps most, libertarians believe in rights. Please elaborate about your perception of the term "rights." May I also presume that you do not think that rights are something that are defined and provided by government? I respect those who dare to think outside the box. Please again defend this position. Best wishes, T.
    Paul 5 weeks 1 day ago Web link Government Deni...
    Another paean to the religious notion of rights. Unfortunately there is no way to comment on the article, to set him straight or at least present another viewpoint.
    Paul 5 weeks 1 day ago Web link Government Deni...
    "Average citizens, he argues, must once again take their public responsibilities seriously and elect representatives who will take their oversight duties to heart and bind down this technocratic Leviathan with the chains of the Constitution." Yeah, that'll help (rolls eyes). What a moron.
    Samarami 5 weeks 2 days ago Web link Melinda L. Secor
    Each and every dominant social theme, each and every meme, I strongly believe, have been fetes of social engineering carried through over time by psychopathic and sociopathic tyrants -- each of whom is fully aware how easy it is to lead most people away from reality by simple slight-of-hand -- or slight-of-emotion. Some may have been more-or-less accidental (or coincidental), others carefully designed to redirect the attention of the hoi polloi from making identification of the man behind the curtain. Enforced vaccines (think about the childlike ridiculousness of that for a moment); sexuality from stem-to-stern ("gay", "gay marriage", "LGBT" whatever, "trans" this or that [I've lost track of all the sexualities nowadays, but seems I read of a government form where one needed to mark yay or nay to as many as twenty different "preferences for flavors of sexuality"], abortion -- sexual in nature); "hate" ("thought") criminality; police brutality (what else is new?), etc etc etc. The majority of human beings -- until somewhat recently -- have bought into the charade with docility. I believe the term "Stockholm syndrome" in itself is a total distraction from the fact that an extremely high percentage of people WANT to be subservient to masters. So the construct is to make it appear that only a small percentage of people -- like those involved in a rather obscure robbery over in Sweden that included hostages back in the 70's -- are the ones inflicted with a form of capture bonding, now labeled "Stockholm Syndrome". Nah. It's everywhere, folks. But that is changing. Slowly. As another post here at STR today suggests, even supposedly knowledgeable people are backing away from compliant submission to travesties such as mandatory inoculations. "Anti-Vaxers?" A fun time to be alive! I hope to live to see all human rulership everywhere collapse. Not likely. My most effective contribution is my ongoing urge to my dear friends that they abstain from beans. But I can dream, can't I? Sam
    KenK 6 weeks 9 hours ago Web link TheMPP
    You can always buy an aftermarket CSA plate holder if you really want  to express that sentiment.  CSA and other so-called specialty plates were only conceived as a way to provide extra money for the state.
  • Douglas Herman's picture
    Douglas Herman 6 weeks 23 hours ago Page Douglas Herman
    Thanks Mark, You can order the DVD with a cheesy box cover from Amaz, Targ, Walm, Borders, etc. Or you can send me $20 for a personally burned Dvd, with boxcover you see, autographed somewhere, to  me, at  1829 North Palm Dr, Tempe, AZ 85281, postpaid.  Check, money order or silver American Eagle..... lol.
    Mark Davis 6 weeks 1 day ago Page Douglas Herman
    You're an inspiration Doug!  How do we order/see the movie?
  • helpfuljosh's picture
    helpfuljosh 6 weeks 1 day ago Web link KenK
    It was a long read but absolutely worth it. How these corrupt cops just plant evidence and the way they decide to go at it themselves is really bad. The civilian clothes they wear where only legal for catching gangs not for doing searches in a dispensary. I hope they will get locked away for some years. And I am pretty sure they will not be able to "serve" as a cop anymore in there lifetime. Thanks for sharing this interesting piece. These dispensaries should be protected better by law. Now they have criminals AND cops coming after their money. http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/how-obtain-cannabis-card/
    KenK 6 weeks 3 days ago Web link KenK
    The only serious attempt at imposing outside rule on the zomians in modern times was in the 90s and 00s when the US DoJ made $$$ grants and military/police hardward available to eradicate opium production. Once the $$$ for that ran out, the whole situation regressed. So their strategy worked again.
  • mjackso6's picture
    mjackso6 6 weeks 3 days ago Web link strike
    "He followed up the remark by saying that 'long-term I think it would be fun to have a constitutional amendment process about... how our financial system works.'" It would be "~fun~" to have a ~constitutional amendment~ "process" about how our financial ~system~ works?! WTF?! Did he actually ~say~ that? We all know that Marx, Mao, Lenin and their ilk are his idols, but wow! His internal external monologue must have malfunctioned seriously there; might as well just come out and say, "Yeah, communism or fascism would be a lot more "fun" than what we've got now." As for the mandatory voting thing, yeah, big surprise there. Unlike the Ausies, however, they haven't succeeded in taking our "teeth" away from us just yet, so I'd imagine that the average American out there would be a little harder to bully into the voter's booth. Of course, I highly doubt that he'd have the "stones" to go that route. More likely just another "tax" for those who fail to meet their mandatory voting "obligation". Fun, fun, fun...
    Samarami 6 weeks 3 days ago Web link KenK
    From the paper: "...Even many anarchist economists such as Bruce Benson, Bryan Caplan, and Robert Higgs are fairly pessimistic about whether the state can ultimately be eradicated and repelled..." Throughout, the writers commit (among other fallacies) the "wrong question" fallacy: keep them asking the wrong questions and you never have to worry about answers. It is not a question of whether "the state" can ultimately be eradicated and repelled. The state does not exist. People exist -- psychopaths all when pertaining to mindless abstractions such as "the state". The question is whether support for the state can ultimately be eradicated and repelled. As the internet awakens a greater and greater mass of individuals to government and media chicanery -- as more and more ordinary folks come alive and abstain from beans -- there will be drastic changes in what we perceive as "the state". How that will all turn out -- when taken with the inevitable economic upheavals in the offing -- is anybody's guess. Sam
    KenK 6 weeks 4 days ago Web link KenK
    "Although authors such as Rothbard (1973) and Friedman (1973) provided many very good theoretical reasons why society would be better off without a state, they have spent less time showing how stateless societies could avoid takeover by a state in the long run. Without understanding the mechanisms or having evidence of the long-term viability of statelessness, does it make sense for anarchists to be pessimistic ones who only support the idea in the abstract?" From the paper at the link.
    Samarami 7 weeks 5 days ago Web link TheMPP
    Ah, Mark. But remember diversity. Change is good. Keeps us aware of who the authoritarians are. Who know what's best. For us. Sam
    Mark Davis 7 weeks 5 days ago Web link TheMPP
    Exactly Sam.  It doesn't matter where you set the clocks at, just stop changing it back and forth.
    Samarami 7 weeks 6 days ago Web link TheMPP
    If "DST" is such a good deal, why not set clocks ahead 2 hours -- or six hours??? (Same mentality as "minimum wage" argument -- why not a law requiring pay of 100 federal reserve notes per hour???). Actually, I've got a better idea: set clocks ahead one full day -- 24 hours! That way we could eliminate Monday, and all the debilitating hassles therewith! No sense being sad, pathetic or small -- it takes men with great wisdom and vision to make a village. Sam
  • ReverendDraco's picture
    ReverendDraco 7 weeks 6 days ago Web link TheMPP
    DST is the best thing to happen since clocks. We ought to go to DST and leave it there. DST makes for perfect backyard BBQs. . . As for me, I sleep better during DST - my workday (12-14 hours, 6 days a week) goes much more smoothly. The biggest deal about DST though - is how many whiny bitches cry about it - like there are so few issues of *actual* importance that this is the best they can come up with. Sad, pathetic, small humans. . .
    Mark Davis 8 weeks 5 hours ago Web link TheMPP
    Amen.  This population control bullshit needs to end.
  • Steve's picture
    Steve 8 weeks 10 hours ago Web link Government Deni...
    Google anti-semitism+Europe, and you'll see that it is rising everywhere: http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/16/europe/anti-semitism-in-denmark/ In last year's elections, right-wing nationalist parties indeed got poor results in Ukraine, but they did well across the rest of Europe. If you want to find anti-semitism, start in Russia: note the state TV newscasters' glee when they read Putin's condolence telegram to Boris Nemtsov's mother, repeatedly emphasizing her Jewish maiden name. Ask any Jews from Russia or Ukraine where there is more fascism and anti-Semitism. The Israeli embassy in Moscow has been packed lately, and probably not just for economic reasons. This is not to say that there is no anti-semitism in Ukraine--as Russians often say, the two countries' cultures are quite similar--but I'm not hearing about it from my Ukrainian friends, Jewish or gentile. It is Russia chauvinism that is provoking Ukrainian nationalism, but that nationalism will not be restricted to opposing Russia. It is foolish of Putin to play with such fire in a neighboring country. One should also bear in mind the history of collaboration with the Nazis in Finland and the "bloodlands" of Ukraine, Belarus, and the Baltics: many of these people suffered from the Soviets, and saw the Germans as the enemy of their enemy, an ally of convenience, not conviction. Russians and their apologists would like to forget this, but we see these countries' rising fear of their neighbor. I suspect that many of those expressing Nazi nostalgia are nationalist but not particularly anti-semitic. More European anti-semitism means more Jewish immigrants to the US. Their loss is our gain.
    KenK 8 weeks 1 day ago Web link Melinda L. Secor
    That's just a rounding error to them.
    KenK 8 weeks 2 days ago Web link KenK
    Even then they never let a good crisis go to waste.
    Samarami 8 weeks 4 days ago Web link KenK
    Agreed. On both counts. My oldest daughter (age 55 -- yikes!) is about to retire from a lucrative state job. She's worked for government since she was 18. She'll draw considerably more in her retirement than my earnings ever amounted to through most of my working years. Of course, since the state is broke there's always anxiety amongst the retirees drawing the big bucks. They understand state agents in the form of governors, senators, etc., break contracts easy as a duck shoot -- no apologies. Of course I'm her Dad and don't think of her as psychopathic (or sociopathic). I'm as proud of her as any of her other six brothers and sisters. I'm also aware one must practice self-dishonesty to remain in state employ -- which, as you say, is part of the indoctrination. Like you, I spent time as a government hireling (serf) -- draftee, then ocs, then state patrol (as a trade off for early release from commitment as commissioned officer). This back in the days before police-state mentality. If a state policeman un-holstered a sidearm or a baton in those days he would face investigations and hearings and boards like you wouldn't believe. That was in the 50's -- Jim Crow was alive and well -- a factor of which I remind those who chide me for leaving police work. Racism goes with the job -- you do what you're told. You do not think. Or feel. Sam
  • mjackso6's picture
    mjackso6 8 weeks 4 days ago Web link KenK
    Samarami, While I agree with you that "government" is one mass delusion organized and run by and for a select group of psychopaths, I have to say that, in my experience, the bulk of it isn't. The sad truth is that most of those employed by government are just the average joes of the world, programmed by parents and the public indoctrination (school) system to believe the shining knight, ma and apple pie, "Uncle Sam knows best" clap-trap that's been all-pervasive since at least Lincoln's time. I'm chagrined to say that I wasted almost 20 years of my life in the employ of Uncle Sam, thinking the whole time that I was doing what was best for folks both at home and abroad. It was kind of a rude awakening to finally grasp the true picture, but I'm glad that I finally did. I think that the majority of government's minions fall into that category.